NEWS!

UNOBENTO daily updates / event announcements


2012/08/12

UNOBENTO view from Japan 2/ 流しそうめん


I saw the view in Nagahama, Shiga.
They were having Soumen which one of thin noodle at Temple. I think it was a party for kids.



We called the eating way "Nagashi Soumen". the meaning is running Soumen noodle.
A person let the noodle with water run to the upper reaches of a half tube.
People catch it from the half tube and eat it with sauce.

The dish is a summer funny dish.
It's a wisdom to feel fresh and cool in the humid and hot Japanese summer.  



滋賀県、長浜でおそらく町内会のイベントでやっている流しそうめん大会を見かけた。

お堂にはたくさんの子供たち、みんな楽しそうにそうめんを捕まえていた。
私は子供の頃にこんな大々的な流しそうめんをしたことはないけど
素敵な思い出になるだろうなぁと見ているこちらもうれしくなった。

お寺にこうやってたくさんの人が集まるというのもとても素敵だなぁ。


4 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful. Did you eat it there - does it make a difference in taste?
    Really makes me hungry.
    I'm going to Kyoto soon... I hope to see that once... and steal some somen from the kids ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thomas!
      Yes, It was really nice! unfortunately I couldn't have it at there. I think the atmosphere gives special feeling to people. so the taste will be better.

      When will you go to Kyoto? hope you will have great time at there!! have fun!!

      Delete
    2. Ah, true - the atmoshpere can make such a difference.

      I'll be in Kyoto from mid of October until the end of November. So lots of time to try foods. I'm collecting ideas from your blog... that grilled sweet fish is definitely something I'll keep an eye out for.

      Delete
    3. Hi Thomas-san!!
      Sorry for my late reply!
      That's good to know you will be in Japan:) because I also be in Japan my city Gifu almost same time. so if you feel like and have some free time, let's try to meet in Japan:) give me contact to info@unobento.com

      Delete